Friday, September 8, 2023

Big Guns Never Tire

 As a fan of the Iron Warriors, nothing highlights their dour spirit better than the Iron Havocs, grim gunners clad in gunmetal and hazard stripes, marching irresistibly towards their foe, autocannons in hand. 




For my version I left off the hazard stripes as my attempts have been a little wonky. 


I'm trying to build a mostly-loyal Iron Warriors detachment who focus on the less-considered aspects of siege warfare such as harassing supply lines and raids. My idea was they were sent out on raiding missions by Perturabo and never recalled. 

With the idea of raiding ships and spaceports in mind, I am trying to stick with weapons that fit the cramped, close-quarter fighting I envision. However, this is Warhammer, where ships can be massive and so the longer-ranged autocannons are totally justified. 

I also end up building another five man laser cannon detachment, but here's one unit officially done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment